<font size="1">Complete Press Release at Kerry . com</font>
Kerry To Return To Washington, DC To Vote For Mandatory Vets Funding
June 22, 2004
For Immediate Release
Senator John Kerry released the following statement tonight announcing that he will return to Washington, DC to make a critical vote on behalf of America's 26 million veterans:
"There is no greater sacrifice than putting your life on the line in the name of freedom and in defense of this nation. We need to keep faith with those who have served our country, and that includes ensuring the care and benefits they need and deserve. I have met thousands of veterans as I travel across this country who fought with pride and honor, but still don't have the quality health care they need. I will return to Washington to fight for them."
Kerry To Vote For Mandatory Vets Funding
Today, John Kerry is returning to Washington to make a critical vote on behalf of America's 26 million veterans. On Tuesday, Senator Tom Daschle will offer an amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill to guarantee that veterans' programs are adequately funded by giving mandatory health care funding for veterans. John Kerry has long supported mandatory funding for vets, cosponsoring a number of bills over the years and making veterans' care a priority in this campaign.
The Daschle Amendment For Mandatory Funding: Under current law, veterans' funding is determined each year with no guarantees that funding will adequately meet the needs of the population or increases in cost. Today, there are significant shortfalls in the system. The Daschle amendment will provide a 30 percent increase in the first year, FY2005. In subsequent years, it will assure continued increases in funding to account for the veterans in the system and health inflation.
Assure All Vets Have Quality Health Care. Under the current VA plan there are scheduled to be about 500,000 vets left out of the system. Under the Daschle proposal, all vets will have full quality health care.
Trav
You never fail to exceed my lack of expectations for you.
Pina,
Considering some of the other military funding Kerry has voted against, voting FOR this one is the least he can do.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To bad, but I work for a living, I don't have my wife supporting me so I can spend time here discussing things with an idiot like you.Originally posted by Pi?a:
Trav
You never fail to exceed my lack of expectations for you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But you would if gae would do it right?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]To bad, but I work for a living, I don't have my wife supporting me so I can spend time here discussing things with an idiot like you.
Jumper
Please be cautious about buying into the anti-Kerry rhetoric that Rove and company are putting out there. The way that they misrepresent his voting record : taking line items out of context of the encompassing legislation, multiplication of one vote into many, not to mention out and out lies is just the kinds of fun little tricks that the bush administration is so famous for using against anyone they see as an opponent.
They just love to put a bit of misinformation out there knowing full well that it will be debunked but by the time the truth comes out so many media outlets will have picked up on the lie that it doesn't matter what the truth is. The shear volume of the repeated untruths drown out the reality.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the last time he dragged this one up gae was being supported by him. As I remember I pretty thoroughly thrashed him then. I have no problem doing so again.Originally posted by Jumper69:
But you would if gae would do it right?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Trav has a bit of a problem with double standards as I recall.
<font color="#000002" size="1">[ June 22, 2004 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Pi?a ]</font>
Oh Pina I know that individual line items are inserted into a bill that some senator, ANY senator votes against and probably should vote against it, yet in that pork product were some very real and necessary items.
So when it comes to election time, it's very easy then to say that so and so voted against (insert important item here) without mentioning that it was surrounded by pork layers.
I know how it works. It's a shame. It should be a crime. But it applies to Republicans and Democrats alike. Niether side has a monopoly on taking the high road.
Jumper,
Yes it is a shame but it's what they do. I know that it happens from both sides of the aisle but the bush attack machine has taken it to new levels of viciousness and a willingness to not only try to misinform but they go all out to destroy any and all opposition. Rove is a master of these techniques and frankly seems to have no conscience.
Bookmarks